Here are five tips for listing your home for sale in the fall season.
If you’re thinking of listing your home in the fall, there are five key tips you’ll want to keep in mind:
1. Price your home correctly. There are many ways to come up with a price for your home. First, look at what other homes in your area have sold for. I’m not huge on comparables (it’s like comparing your kids to other kids), but you should still look at comparable home sales because appraisers certainly do.
2. Perform inspections; make sure your home is clean. We compete with a lot of new construction properties, and we’ve found that it’s very important for you to put everything away, deep clean, and have your home look as fresh and new as possible. You’ll have to pack anyway if you’re selling, so you might as well start sooner than later. Also, if you can do a pre-inspection, then you won’t have to wait 10 days to get the results back from the buyer’s inspection. That way, you can make any important repairs before the buyer ever comes to your home.
I highly recommend that you listen to your listing professional on how to get your home ready to sell.
3. Embrace the fall season. Fall colors are so warm and the smells are so amazing. Though we don’t recommend putting a lot of Halloween decor up, highlighting the appeal of the season can make your home seem very inviting.
4. Clean the exterior. Oftentimes, homeowners are so focused on getting the inside of their home ready to on the market that they neglect the outside. Make sure your gutters are clean, rake up leaves, and spruce up your landscaping.
5. Prepare your home for showings. I highly recommend that you listen to your listing professional on how to get your home ready to sell. This could include taking down personal photos, decluttering, repainting some walls in a more neutral color. This stage of the process is very important; many buyers who watch HGTV expect to walk into a home and see that it is immaculate.
If you have any additional questions about preparing your home for the market or are just curious about your home’s value, please reach out to us. Come find out what’s different about NextHome Signature Real Estate.